Wine glasses often make the perfect setting for numerous occasions including a romantic dinner for two, business meeting, family gathering, birthday parties and memorable occasions. The wine glass you choose often makes a statement about you and your tastes.
There are also different types of wine glasses for the different wines, such as red wine, white wine, and sherry wine. Red wine glasses have a wider and somewhat rounder bowl; the reasoning behind this is it increases oxidation. A Boudreaux glass is used with full-bodied wine such as Merlot. Burgundy glasses work well with delicate wines such as Pinot Noir.
White wine glasses vary tremendously in their sizes and shapes and can include the champagne flutes are often used with Chardonnay. Different white wines call for different wine glasses in order to promote the flavors and increase oxidization. Lastly, sherry wines are served in copita wine glasses.
Knowing the different types of wine glasses for the various wines help you make the correct choice when serving your guests. One thing all glasses have in common is a stem, a bowl, and a base. The bowl serves the purpose of allowing the proper ventilation of the wine, and this depends on the wine you are drinking. Obviously, you would not serve your guest Merlot in a champagne flutes.
If you serve wine occasionally, you probably just need to know the basics such as which wine glasses to serve a red wine compared to a sherry. Knowing the basics will help you when you are preparing a gathering of friends and family. Serving the right wine in the correct glass makes your guests know that you have taken the time to study the proper wine essentials. It makes you feel proud, and your guests enjoy the wine all the more when it is sipped from the proper glass.
All our articles that are about wine glasses can be found below.
- Best Wine Glasses on the Market Today
- Charm/Glass of Wine: Great as a Gift to the Wine Enthusiast
- Cheap Wine Glasses: Don't Skimp on Quality if You Don't Have to!
- Cobalt Blue Wine Glasses: When You Want to Make an Impression
- Custom Wine Glasses: For a Personal Gift They Will Remember
- Discount Wine Glasses: Finding the Best for Less
- Double Walled Wine Glasses: The Benefits of These Handsome Glasses
- Fish Wine Glasses: A Great Gift that They Will Re-use Again and Again
- French Wine Glasses: Great for the Hobbyist
- Giant Wine Glasses: If You're Looking to Impress
- Hand Blown Wine Glasses: When the First Impression Counts
- Horse Wine Glasses: Consider These Fabulous Finds as Gifts
- Ice Wine Glasses: How Much Should You Expect to Spend?
- Libby Wine Glasses: A Great Buy Along with Great Design
- Mini Wine Glasses: Great Gift Ideas
- Painting on Wine Glasses: Creative Wine Art Lessons in Quick and Easy Steps
- Painting Wine Glasses: A Great Hobby for the Wine Enthusiast
- Picnic Wine Glasses: Great for Enjoying the Outdoors with a Special Someone
- Plastic Wine Glasses: When Convenience Outweighs Fashion
- Printed Wine Glasses: Great Gifts for Wine Lovers
- Racks: Wooden / Wine Glasses -- Store Your Glasses Nearby
- Restaurant Wine Glasses: Finding the Best Bargains in Bulk
- Riedel Vinum Bordeaux Wine Glasses: When You Want the Best
- Ruby Wine Glasses: Red Never Goes Out of Style
- Stemless Crystal Wine Glasses: When Typical Just Won't Do
- Titanium Wine Glasses: Are They An Option For You?
- Tulip Wine Glasses: Great Style Paired with Affordability
- Types of Wine Glasses: Getting the Most Out of Wine Glasses
- Unique Painted Wine Glasses: Gifts that Wine Lovers Will Definitely Appreciate
- Unique Wine Glasses: Fantastic Gift Options for Wine Collectors
- Waterford Crystal Wine Glasses: Timeless Tradition in Crystal
- Waterford White Wine Glasses: Beautiful Quality You'll Admire For Years To Come
- Whimsical Wine Glasses: Great Gifts for Anyone Who Appreciates Thoughtful Fun Gifts
- Wine Bottle Glasses: A Unique Approach to Recycling
- Wine Glasses Cheap: Bargains Abound, Know Where to Look
- Wine Glasses for Sale: Keep Your Eyes Open for Sales!